Monday 30 June 2014

Monday Made It Freebie!

Hello!

Thank you Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics for hosting Monday Made It!


We're still busy at school here in the UK - 17 more teaching days left till the holidays start! 
(I'm limping towards the finishing line...)

 Next Monday is meet the teacher morning and I will have my new class with me for a few hours to get to know them before the start of the new year.

It doesn't seem to matter how many years I have been teaching - I can never seem to remember what I did on the last meet the teacher day or first day back in September - wish I knew why!

Ready for Monday, I made a little All About Me booklet for my new class to complete at some point during the morning. I do remember I usually have a sheet like this for them but wanted to include more and make it a booklet that I can display ready for September this time. As they fill it in I will go round and speak to them all individually and find out what they are writing about, their families, favourite things etc.

I have made it so that it will form an A5 8 page booklet. The space on the back is a free choice - they might tell me what makes them unique, some interesting facts, write a summer bucket list or just draw a picture!

Here is a preview of the pages - you can download the booklet for free and use it as a start of the year activity with your new classes.




I'll change this to 'what I enjoyed in Hedgehogs' and What I am looking forward to in Otters' as those are the class names. You could put class names, year groups or grades.



We will use the question page to base a little circle time session on at the end of the morning.


Click on any picture above to download for free. Please leave feedback and feel free to follow me on TpT!


Any other ideas for meet the teacher morning? What works well for you? 

Have a good week ahead!


3 comments:

  1. I always read some from a book when my students came for Orientation night. I wanted them to hear a really great book passage, but I also wanted their parents (who came, too!) to see me interacting with the students. I would just read part of a book and leave them hanging and tell them they would have to come back to hear the rest!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book and love that you get to meet your kids before next year. We don't get to find out our kids names until just a few days before the school year starts and we don't meet them until two school days before the first day of school. I seem to blank on the beginning of the year too. I think it is because I don't want to remember how young they are and how much training I have to do! :)
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't get to meet our students until the first day (unless we knew them from before - on the playground). I did book buddies with my class, so I actually know a few of my kiddos from when they were reading partners with my students two years ago. I also have my son in my class this year. Good luck with meeting your students. I am sure it will be wonderful! Then enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete