Friday 24 October 2014

Five for Friday!

It's Friday! Half term has begun!

That means one week off school which is very much needed! It also means I am able to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday on a Friday!



We finally got round to doing some activities for Black History Month this week! I found a great product on TpT by KTeacherTiff and my kids did some great learning and great work!


Also in the pack was the template and idea for children to draw themselves. I especially love these little self portrait people they produced! The first attempts were not so good but after a little lecture on taking pride in our work, using some mirrors to look at our features and with enough time, they did some lovely work! They'll look great on display!


I also downloaded this great freebie from MsOReadsBooks. A super freebie which will really add to my final display to celebrate Black History Month!




We've been researching animals in literacy for the last 2 weeks and I put together some of their favourite books to display outside the classroom. We are having a big push on promoting reading at the moment and I have no space for a decent book corner or book displays in my classroom (it is tiny!) so I hope it encourages some of them to pick up a book and read!



Our working wall never made it to the final stages in our information book topic but what they did do was great! I love using the working wall in literacy lessons!


Our Geography topic this half term was the continents and oceans of the world. During the topic, the children have to complete 5 pieces of home learning based on this topic. Lots of work in done in their home learning books but some make models to bring in and share. I love some of these! Obviously there was a lot of help from the parents but collaborating at home is what it is all about!






We Heart First is having a giveaway to celebrate 1500 IG Followers! Head on over to their blog to enter!


Have a wonderful weekend whatever you have planned! I'm hoping to find at least some time to relax this week (although there is so much work to do...) and catch up with my blog reading! Leave me a comment so I can stop by and visit you!




2 comments:

  1. Love the globes! What are they made of? It sounds like you are super busy- aren't we all. I am having trouble keeping up with everything! Must start wearing my Superman cape, I guess!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balloons and papier mache. Although there was one I found after school on Friday that looked like it was going mouldy, was dripping something unpleasant and looked like a carrier bag was involved somehow! That went straight in the bin and not onto the display!

      Delete